AeroInsert A (AIA20x) is specially made to fit standard size arrow that has an ID from 0.201" to 0.206" (aka A nock size).
Features of AeroInsert A for 0.201" - 0.206" ID
- Self Concentric Technology
- Reverse Tapered Shoulder Technology to prevent mushrooming effect
- CNC machined for extra hardness and accuracy
- Large Adhesive Surface
- Designed in US Illinois and US Patented (# 8403777)
- 12 pcs AeroInsert A for 204 class arrow
- AIA20A - 22gn in 7075-T5 AL
- AIA20S1 - 55gn in 303 Stainless < 0.203"
- AIA20S4 - 55gn in 303 Stainless ≥ 0.203"
- AIA20T - 33gn in GR5 Titanium
- Clean arrow shaft with acetone before installation.
- To perfectly install AeroInsert A is simple, one just needs to square the front end of the arrow / chamfering it using Firenock Chamfering Tool to ensure the AeroInsert Reverse Tapered Shoulder covering the outside diameter of the arrow front end and then glue AeroInsert A into the arrow with a 2 part slow set epoxy.
- Slow set epoxy is an epoxy that needs 24 hrs cure, one hr work time (e.g., Firenock Aerovane Epoxy AGUSSE, Loctite 1405603, Devcon 2-ton Slow curing Epoxy, Henkel 1147735, PC products PC-7 two-part Heavy Duty Epoxy, Permatex 84107).
Firenock has been making the AIA20S for close to 10 years. We start with the piece to fit our 204 class shaft only. Therefore, we make the OD (outside diameter) of the AIA20S stem be 0.203". But so many customers would also love and want to use this on other shafts. This causes us to make a few changes so can fit any of the 204 class shafts. The fact remains that the 0.204" class shaft has no standard. Firenock AeroWeave 204, Gold Tip Kinetics, Victory RIP is 0.204", which is what we consider standard. Black Eagle Rampage is 0.203". Carbon Express shafts are 0.20175". On the other end of the size, the Element Typhoon, Fire & Ice can be as big as 0.207" based on our measurement.We used to make the AIA20S with an OD of 0.2035", which fits the 0.204" perfectly. But it has caused splitting of the Carbon Express shaft. For the last run, we have made our AIA20S with an OD of 0.201". This has caused some issues as now if you install the shaft into a shaft with 0.204", there is as much as 0.003" play. This happens even it features our patented reverse taper angle shoulder. This should automatically center the shaft and the insert if used correctly. We understand that some customers are not familiar with the hydro flow approach when installing/gluing the insert onto the shaft. Hydroflow is defined as one need to spin the insert on a tool like APS and check if the insert is indeed concentric while the glue is semi-set. If not, one needs to hold the insert and spin the shaft on an APS so the glue and flow evenly around the shaft to make it concentric. Suppose the insert was casually glued onto the shaft without being prepared with our chamfering tool and allowed to just lay on the table. This 0.003" play will cause the insert to be installed croaked, and when dries, it will wobble.To solve this issue easily, we have decided to make two different sizes of this application. The AIA20S standard will have an OD of 0.20325", which will fit shafts of 0.203" and larger; while AIA20S1 will have an ID of 0.2005", which is to fit from 0.201" to no larger than 0.203".This should make everyone happy. We try to make everyone happy, but we end up having to make more sizes to fit everyone perfectly without a standard. Both AIA20S are now on our web store.